Attainable Short- and Long-Term Disability Made Just for an Employee
Bills and everyday needs don’t stop because someone can’t work. An accident or illness can endanger an individual’s most important asset: the ability to earn a living.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) has Short-Term Disability (STD) plans that will pay benefits when sickness or injury prevents an employee from working full time. We offer STD programs tailored to meet the needs and cost expectations of both employers and employees.
Employer-Sponsored Group Plans & Voluntary Group Plans
- Evidence of Insurability not required on most plans
- Coverage for disabilities caused by accidents, illnesses and pregnancy
- Benefits paid for Total or Partial Disability
- Seamless claim transition from STD to LTD
Without a steady income, most people would not be able to make payments on their homes or keep their families financially stable.
BCBSTX Long-Term Disability (LTD) insurance allows employees to protect themselves and their families by providing a convenient, economical way of securing an income while out of work for a longer term from an unexpected accidental injury or illness.
Employer-Sponsored Group Plans & Voluntary Plans
- Benefits for total or partial disability
- Return-to-Work Incentives for employees who can work on a partial or part-time basis
- Rehabilitation Incentive Income—unique in the industry—for those claimants who cannot return to their job but have skills that can transfer to a new occupation
- Social Security assistance services for employees who are totally disabled and eligible for Social Security benefits
- Optional employee-focused benefits: Survivor Income, Terminal Illness, Family Income, Cost of Living, Education, Accidental Dismemberment, Catastrophic Disability, Rehabilitation Benefit, Retirement Plan Protection and Worksite Modification